A Key Solution to Climate Change: Sustainable Consumption and Production - Part One
This booklet aims at European and Asian businesses, organisations involved in developing sustainability solutions, policy-makers, and project developers wanting to help reduce the climate change impact of business in as broad a way as possible.
- presents a picture of how business and consumers are contributing to climate change, with particular reference to the situation in Asia;
- outlines the concepts of the Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP);
- presents SCP technologies and approaches that can be used for climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- provides ideas for policy-makers and project developers seeking funding under the SWITCH-Asia Programme; and
- shows how SCP thinking can support the EU climate change position and goals.
Containing two parts, part one of the booklet deals with the 'challenges' in understanding the causal relationship between economic activities and climate change. The part two highlights several practical 'solutions' that can be funded, at least in part, by the Programme.
Download the whole study (Part 1 and Part 2) here.
Download here: SWITCH-Asia booklet_climate change_part 1 / 4.58 MB (pdf)