SEID - Sustainable and Efficient Industrial Development
SEID - Sustainable & Efficient Industrial Development - Bhutan and Nepal
Project objective - To contribute towards sustainable development of Nepal's and Bhutan's economy with clear focus on national industrial sectors that impact environment and which have huge potential for employment generation and poverty alleviation.
- Reduced costs, lower pollution; improved health & safety performance in tourism and agro based Industrial sectors.
- Enhanced capacity of national anchor associations / service providers to collaborate and promote sustainable practices to their supply chain/members; providing technical support and input to SMEs to improve the overall resource efficiency of their production processes from the life cycle perspective
- Strategic partnership built with ongoing initiatives targeting tourism and agro based industrial sectors providing access to existing knowledge, Information Education Campaign material to address needs of SMEs
- Dialogue and networking amongst key stakeholders including government, financial institutions, industry associations, academia aimed at creating an enabling environment which propagates, incentivizes adoption of sustainable industrial practices.
The project's target groups include:
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Experts, Consultants and service providers
- Business associations, Industry associations and academia
- Public institutions, government authorities, industrial park management authorities and policy makers
- MSMEs in the Target region
- Company Workers (especially women)
Duration: 2/20012 - 11/2015
Total budget: EUR 2,160,000 (EU Contribution: 90%)
GrAT - Center for Appropriate Technology
Vienna University of Technology
Wiedner Haupstrasse 8–10
Center for Appropriate Technology (GrAT)
GrAT is a scientific association for R & D of Appropriate Technology based at Vienna University of Technology. GrAT is the project leader, representing the partners’ consortium, conducting actions and implementing appropriate technology solutions.
Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST)
ASSIST is a non-stock, non-profit international capacity building organisation that aims to achieve and witness meaningful changes to and for our planet and the people living on it.
Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry [FNCCI]
The Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) is an umbrella organisation of the Nepalese private sector. It was established in 1965 with the aim of promoting business and industry while protecting the rights and interests of busine
Bhutan Chambers of Commerce and Industry
The Bhutan Chambers of Commerce and Industry promotes the Private Sector of Bhutan by building capacity of the private sector and coordinating trade and investment development activities. The chamber supports and facilitate FDI processes. It collects info
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), GIZ is a federally owned organization working worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. As lead applicant, GIZ provides advisory services for proven
Austria Recycling Verein zur Förderung von Recycling und Umweltschutz in Österreich (AREC)
has worked on several projects on promoting sustainable practices. AREC is providing a delegation of technical experts for resource efficiency, environmental management, energy efficiency, and experts for didactics for this project.
STENUM Asia Sustainable Development Society (STENUM)
has worked on several projects on promoting sustainable practices in association with AREC. In this project, STENUM is involved in the design of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) support programme.
Impact Sheet SEID
The project impact sheet provides a brief information on the project's challenges, activities, scaling up strategies and results.
Download · Filetype: pdf / Filesize: 4.52 MB
Project Fact Sheet
Download · Filetype: pdf / Filesize: 423.11 KB
Download · Filetype: pdf / Filesize: 499.64 KB