13th APRSCP: "Enabling SCP towards achieving Green Growth"
The 13th Asia Pacific Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production (APRSCP) is themed 'Enabling Sustainable Consumption and Production Towards Achieving Green Growth'.
This theme is based on enhancing sustainable development and addressing challenges of climate change through the following criteria:
• Increasing Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) implementation to escalate Green Growth in the Asia-Pacific Region;
• Greater involvement of private sector participation for enhancing ownership of and championing SCP initiatives;
• Increase private-public partnerships in SCP for multi-stakeholder cooperative efforts in Green Growth and achieving SDGs;
• Integrating SCP with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Green Growth strategies, programs and action plans.
The supporting enablers and sub-themes are aimed at engaging industry and business, and Governments, as well as other decision-makers in the public and private sectors, to drive Green Growth. These sub-themes addressed in the Roundtable Parallel Sessions include:
• Technology and Innovation - as enablers for green growth and sustainable business.
• Green Financing - enabling green financing to attract investments whilst reducing risks for financial institutions, as well as for business and industry and government.
• Low Carbon Communities - enabling sustainable lifestyle toward low carbon cities and sustainable consumption.
The 13th APRSCP is endorsed and supported by the Melaka State Government.
SWITCH-Asia will contribute to the 13th APRSCP by facilitating two sessions:
1. "Circular Economy and Opportunities for Asia"
2. "Financing SCP and Circular Economy Strategies in Asia" .
More details will be available in the coming days.